Italy

Italy

Monday, May 27, 2013

Easy going weekend

Hi everyone! I am glad everyoe is still enjoying reading my blog! I feel so blessed to have such amazing family and friends!

On Friday, I first of all recovered from teaching all week long! It was a good week, but I was definitely exhausted; especially because I had guests as well. After relaxing, Noreen, her son Bardan, and her two guests from France and I all went down to the Colosseum. I got a few good pictures!





We then went on to dinner. We ate at a local pizzeria and it was very noisy! We had some good pizza and of course, wine. We walked around the area of Cavour a little bit and stopped in two pubs. We didn't get home until 2 am....this is the trouble with Rome....everything takes forever!

On Saturday, I went with Jo to La Storta, the other school site, where they were having a fair. There were booths set up to buy stuff, food, and games for the kids. We saw a few of our students and a few collegues as well! I bought a ring from a woman who makes her own jewelry! I am glad I will have a keep sake from Rome that I can always remember and have.

Saturday night involved me skyping for three hours with my parents as wel two girly Romantic Comedies. The whole gang was out of the house at an African dinner, which I decided not to attend, and I was kind of glad because I needed some chill out/ alone time! Our apt. was packed the last week because there was 5-7 people staying in it at once.

On Sunday, I worked on a few applications back home. I am getting very nervous about finding a job, but I just keep at it! I found out from my parents this week that I also graduated summa cum laude, which was definitely a surprise! Later in the day, Jo, Noreen and I went to The Great Gatsby. We all liked it and I was glad to see a movie in a movie theatre.

As you can tell, it was a laid back weekend, but much needed. The next three weekends, I will be traveling and the fourth weekend, Nick comes and we go on our vacation across Europe!


Love you all and miss you!
Ciao!
xoxo Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment