Italy

Italy

Monday, June 17, 2013

Malta

Hello everyone! I am sorry I am a little behind on blogging, but this week I will attempt to catch up

On the 8th of June, just after undergoing a very stressful observation, I got to go to Malta! I had never heard of it before, but Marissa and Rebecca were told that it was a really cool place to go. I got to the airport fine and after waiting in line for hours and a delay, I finally was able to board the flight. Thankfully, I was able to make a friend who was from Malta who gave me suggestions of what to do and where to go, so that made the trip a little more enjoyable.

I arrived to our hotel, which was actually a bed and breakfast. The building that this former house was in was 450 years old! We talked to the employee there and went to bed after we had had a long week full of observations! The next morning, we went to the market and found little odds and ends. One of the coolest things about Malta is that one of their official languages is English! I actually was able to tell the difference between shampoo and lotion for once! :)

After the market, we went to a smaller island off of Malta called Comino. We took a bus for an hour, and then a ferry for 20 minutes o the beatiful area of the Blue Lagoon. This place was paradise! It had clear, turqoise water and it was super crowded! The only bad thing about this place was that it was so busy so instead of laying on te beach in the sand part, we had to lay on the rocks. We were able to sun bathe, take pictures, and of course, apply plenty of sunscreen! The water was freezing, but it felt really good after tanning. There were a few jellyfish, but the were small and they were easily seen since the water was so clear. Pictures!








After we sunbathed for a while, we went on a speedboat that took us to 5 different caves. The caves were cool, but we all thought the boat ride was the best part! The driver went super fast and it was great just being out on the water.

We arrived back to our hotel late, and we finally were excited that we would be eating on Italian time, but then found out that restaurants in Malta close at 10! We quick were able to run out and grab a pizza thankfully! It was an uneventful night, although Rebecca and Marissa spent the night with ice cream and frozen meat on their legs because they got super sunburned!

Sunday morning we ate breakfast and went shopping aroundthe square. I had an earlier flight, so I went to the buses and headed to the airport. This flight was finally not delayed and I was hom at a reasonable time!

I think that Malta was the perfect spot to relax after a stressful week! I recommend going to this small Med. island in your lifetime!

More to come soon, ciao ciao!

xoxo Katie

1 comment: