Italy

Italy

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Only a few days away!

Hi everyone! I haven't written a post in about a week because it was a busy one! I have been trying to get ready for my long treck on Wednesday. Here are a few things that I have been up to the past week:

1. I had Easter with my family! Ham is always a good meal. I also saw my dear friend Emily at church which I wasn't expecting and she delivered great news! Her and Maddie, another one of our friends, will be coming to Rome mid/late May! I was so excited! I know they are only staying a few days before they go on their cruise, but the promise of a familiar face about one month into my time in Italy is a great comfort!

2. Caught up on homework and student teaching assignments. This was not fun, but necessary.

3. Took a MN teaching license test so I can get my MN teaching license as well as my WI one. I passed all three sections! This just means one less thing to worry about!

4. Got my hair, nails, dentist appts and shopping in. Bought a few clothes items I still needed as well as snacks, books, new music for my ipod and random other supplies I needed for my trip.

5. Went to Mankato! Zach and I visited our friends Nicole and Matt this weekend. It was a great time and I was so glad to see them before I left.

6. Saw Marla and Roger (Zach's parents)- got an amazing breakfast made by Roger and some pizza from Marla!

7. Zach took me out to our "Last Supper" (pun intended) at Victoria's. It was so delicious and I loved the romantic gesture made by him :)

8. Caroline and I got our tattoos! It was a bumpy ride, but we finally got our tattoos that we were planning on getting for the last year. It will be a great rememberance of my sister while I am away and it will help me remember that I am not alone! Love you sissie.

9. Packed. Hopefully I didn't forget anything!

10. Printed off all important documents...here's to hoping I don't get robbed!

All in all it was great to have the whole last week off of school so I could prepare and get ready! There are only two days left in the US and I hope to spend time with my family and friends! Due to recent family events, my Grammie and Boppa are home in the twin cities so they will be joining my parents, Zach, Caroline, her new boyfriend, and I for dinner Tuesday night before my flight on Wednesday. I am so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends!

I also want to post this quote about change and branching out of your comfort zone. I have to remember this when I get nervous and scared!

“We can't be afraid of change. You may feel very secure in the pond that you are in, but if you never venture out of it, you will never know that there is such a thing as an ocean, a sea. Holding onto something that is good for you now, may be the very reason why you don't have something better.”
― C. JoyBell C.
 

XOXO Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment