Italy

Italy

Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Courteeners

It is the weekend! I started off the weekend with a great time! First, after school, some teachers get together and have drinks in the park across from the school. It was great to sit in the sun and talk to them not about school stuff! Then, Claire, a teacher at the school, told Jo and I about a band that was playing that night. We agreed to go, but the venue was closer to to Jo and Claire's places than from where I am staying. I grabbed my stuff from Noreens, and Jo and I were off! We went to Jo's apartment (very cute) and got ready for the evening. We met Claire, and her boyfriend Marco, for dinner at a pizza place! It was tasty- I liked this place better than the first place I went for pizza. With pretty much every meal, they have wine, so that is fun! We then took a taxi (the metro and other public transportation was on strike. They do this for a day randomly and never accomplish anything!) to the venue. Tickets were only 10 euros and The Courteeners were really great to listen to. They are from Manchester, so a lot of the other teachers I was with really knew the band and their songs. I got to meet more teachers from the La Storta site- it seems that this group goes out almost every weekend! It was fu, but I do have to say that a night out in Rome is much more expensive than a night out in Eau Claire, WI :) After the band played, there was an area outside with bars and there were so many more people there than when we went in! We met some other people just who were sitting next to us. A common first question people ask each other is "Where are you from?" or "What country are you from?" After chatting awhile, we went back into the venue and they had a DJ, so we got to dance! There are many American songs they play here (I've heard them in shops and on radios). We took a taxi back to Jo's and I discovered that it was 4 in the morning! ha! I have not stayed out that long, I don't think ever. This morning, we woke up, and we were planning on going to the beach, but it was cloudy and it is supposed to rain later today. I took the train and metro home and I am about to eat some lunch! I would say it was a great first night out in Rome! I am looking forward to more :)

Ciao!

xoxo Katie

1 comment: